I've noticed that I've had a few new followers in the last couple months and I figured it would be a good time to re-introduce myself to newcomers or guests popping on in for a look. You like what you see my friend?
Here's a bit about myself-
* My name is Amanda. I don't particularly like this name (lifetime taunting from schoolboys saying "A MAN! DUH!" and "Amanda Hug and Kiss" left a bitter taste in my mouth regarding my moniker), but it's all I've ever known.
* I'm twenty-three years old and feel as though that number should be flipped.
* I have a three year old son named Jack. You've likely heard or will read about him here often. He's pretty neat and gives me a lot of material to work with. Plus I love him.
* I'm obsessed with music. Like, in love with it. I know what you're thinking "if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?!" Well, I'm working on it...
* I'm also obsessed with: fashion and clothing, different time periods, beautiful things, burlesque, reading, poetry, drinks (I call myself a "drinkie", like a "foodie" but more liquid-y), movies and pop culture, coincidences, cats that act like dogs and dogs that act like people, making lists, Mexican and Italian food, comedy, rainy weather and the delightful little desert town I call home (I realize that my fondness for rain and said desert town are opposing likes, but that's kind of how I roll).
* Speaking of music, a lot of the time you'll find a song at the end of a post. Ever since I've started listening to music I've been reciting lyrics that go along with whatever I happen to be going through at the time. This eventually translated over to my blogging and I started putting a song to go along with the story. It's "the moral of the story", if you will. I hope you don't mind.
* I *TRY* to be as vegan as I can as of late. At worst I'm a pretty lazy vegetarian. And when I start feeling like Charlie Sheen I occasionally have a Sonoran dog (usually this happens in times of great PMS, or as I like to call it "Shark Week") like the Tucson lifer I am. I'll never ingest tiger's blood though.
* My bad habits- picking my split ends, biting my cuticles, preference for naps over human affection sometimes, crying easily...
* But I make a kick ass chili so that should even things out.
* I've been blogging for about eight years, starting with a now defunct-due-to- impulsive-purging Livejournal (I really wish I could go back and read what my sixteen year old self had to say about the world or that boy in English class...), a stint on Myspace and now Blogger.
* Sometimes you might find yourself saying "what the hell is this girl going on about?" I wonder this a lot too.
Here's a picture of what you've gotten yourself into-
"Hi. My name is Amanda and I like things."
Thank you for reading and love you all.