Monday, March 14, 2011

Who's the Springiest Of Them All...

Yesterday I went out to run a couple errands on my own. No child to buckle in and out of his carseat or be insanely cautious on the road for. No big plans or expectations for the day. Nowhere I NEEDED to be. Nobody I needed to impress or answer to. I drove with the window down and despite the fact that I had only about two hours of sleep the night prior, I felt invigorated. I felt happy and calm and at peace with the world. It was the most happy over absolutely nothing I've felt since I was seventeen, before the world got so complicated. I think Spring, with it's powers of renewal and temperate weather found its way under my tired skin. I breathed, long and smooth and content. Turned up the radio...

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


And drove into the horizon, meeting it's infiniteness with a smile this time.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love when i get a really good break and have a babysitter to watch the terd so I can go places, like you said, without having to buckle him in and out of the carseat!

sounds like a wonderful afternoon.

Amanda said...

I think people underestimate the little things. After putting Jack in and out of his car seat for three years, NOT doing it a couple times is totally foreign and freeing. We have a teeny Hyundai Accent hatchback so I have to bend into a shrimp to situate him, sometimes I scrape my back on the door frame, sometimes I trip, sometimes the door slams on my heel...it was nice to not have to worry about that.

Here's to a few more of those afternoons when needed!