Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh la la! An award and Friday Fondue...

First, the lovely Mrs. Eva at Lovers in a Dangerous Time, gave me a "Stylish Blogger Award"! Thanks Eva! Although I received this award in a slouchy sweater and no pants (underwear though! it's something!)...the irony is not wasted on me.


As these things tend to go, now I must divulge 7 random things about myself and pick some other stylish bloggers to pass this award on to.

7 Things-
1. I have had almost every type of pet, from childhood to now. I wanted to be a veterinarian so I figured I should learn how take care of animals from the scaled to the furred. I've had everything from chinchillas to iguanas (which were actually one of my favorites, after it would rain I'd take them out and let them swim in puddles and climb little trees). Each and every one has enriched my life. I strongly believe that animals have a therapeutic aspect to them (there's a reason they have therapy dogs and cats at children's hospitals and retirement homes).
2. If I could wear boots everyday I would.
3. I have a thing for vintage hats. It started with this deep purple velvet one that has pearl, sequin and rhinestone embellishment on the top. It's a stunning hat and I've only worn it out once (people didn't "get it"). But I keep her (yes, it's a her) around for constant inspiration. I need to get back to collecting them.
4. I've been having a longstanding love affair with burlesque (before that god awful, inaccurate movie came out). It has changed me in so many ways for the better. I strongly recommend taking a burlesque class if you're feeling self conscious. I can not begin to describe the gratitude I have for it.
5. There is a chance (even if it's slight) that Greg could be transfered to either California or Germany for his job. I have little daydreams of blogging from my German apartment, eating apple strudel. But I'd miss Tucson too hard.
6. I hate the sound of sneezing. I don't know what it is but every time somebody next to me sneezes really loud I get anxiety. I feel like an asshole about this weird aversion since they can't help it. I keep it to myself mostly while my teeth clench in my head.
7. Sometimes I make this noise that sounds like an old gramophone, for fun. It sounds like the into to "Chicago". I pretend I'm a flapper. Greg laughs at me.

Now, I must pick 15 bloggers to pass this along to.
1. Cole, Ryan's gorgeous wife over at Pacing The Panic Room.
2. Mrs. Woolf, of course (I don't expect these bloggers to participate in this, they're likely too busy, probably being stylish and awesome).
3. Keiko Lynn
4. The lovely, newly pregnant with numero two and still rockin' Chelsea.
5. Emery, who hosts seasonal Fashion Weeks, and inspires us all to get gussied up and has played cupid to many of us in discovering new blog friends.
6. Emilie and Erin over at Preen, who I happen to be lucky enough to live in the same city with. They own the most adorable vintage shop in Tucson.
7. No Model Lady, though I think she could be one!
8. Jess over at The doe or the deer.
9. Samantha Moeller, founder of the former Missbehave Magazine and badass mom with style.
10. Marcella (and the insanely adorable Pella) over at Mar & the Peej.
11. The crazy lovely Adriana (and her heartbreakin' Hendrix) at Just By Living.
12. Jasmin at Vintage Vandalizm. Does this girl know how to bring sexy back or what?! So envious of her hair.
13. Blogger girl crush, Hannah Metz at Hannah and Landon.
14. Molly started her very own style blog awhile ago! Check it out here.
15. Bebe at Fated To Be Hated.

There you have it! Thanks again Eva!

Also, since I haven't done my Friday Fondue shtick in a bit here's some things that sparked my interest via the interweb.

1. A funny, all too familiar tutorial via McSweeney's.
2. One adorable Tumblr.
3. Cannot wait to get addicted to this hilarious new show.
4. Going to make these this weekend!
5. Crazy adorable clothes here, here, here, and here.
6. Songs I've been digging as of late- Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear, Let's Go Surfing by The Drums (thanks James! James happens to be Tucson's resident music connoissuer and I find myself lucky that he shares these little gems with this amateur. You can read his blog here.), First Song for B by Devendra Banhart (absolutely GORGEOUS song, I even took my years mantra from it) and I Want The World To Stop by Belle and Sebastian.
7. A totally NSFW video that is hilarious, ladies and gentlemen, Streak Fail.

Well, I think I've pretty much linked this post to death. Hope you all have wonderful weekend. Kiss your babies, eat good food, watch a movie and spoon your spouse/boyfriends/lovers/people of affection, a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down the pants.

Amanda OUT!

3 comments:

TucsonScene.com said...

So HONORED! And nah, I'm not that music savvy, to quote Moz, "I take the cue from certain people I know; I use the cue and then I hand it on to you."

Chelsea said...

you're a sweetie pie! I adore you and adore your blog! Have I told you that lately? Well i DO!

Adriana said...

yay! im all over this...that is as soon as i get to actually blog. past noon and i haven't even brushed my teeth, never mind tending to my blog!