Monday, September 28, 2009

Picks of the Day- Episode 11



I LOVE this Kings Of Leon song. I'm very much a fan of their older work, they're wonderful in general but their older stuff is just more genuine. Raw and southern boy. I want to take them all to New Orleans and eat crayfish a oysters with them before embarking on a night of debauchery and voodoo women.

In other news-

Jack has decided to ring in the "terrible two's" early it seems, and he is driving me batshit crazy. I don't know how someone so cute and generally sweet and well tempered turns into a candidate for an exorcism at the drop of a hat. This paired with anxiety, trying to figure out what I'm *really* going to do with my life (contemplating majors right now to go back to school), no progress on the burlesque front, feelings of inadequacy/depression and over-all malaise inevitably led to a panic attack/mental breakdown Saturday evening. Greg was in the shower and Jack was screaming and I couldn't get the damned salad dressing bottle to open and suddenly the tears came, and then the sobbing came, and then the curling up in the fetal position on your linoleum floor that needed to be mopped commenced and I'm just glad nobody was there to witness it. It lasted a couple hours and in the end it was cathartic. And on Sunday we rested and I had a very potent margarita and the world went back on its axis. Never underestimate the power of a good margarita.

Here's a picture of Jack before the zoo-

No comments: