Monday, April 20, 2009

Under Pressure...

I'm a procrastinator. It has ranked very highly on my vice list in life, right above spending money at delectable thrift stores downtown. I have denied it, hated it, and as of late embraced it, even trying to justify my ways to people.

"See, that IS my strategy. To wait until the last minute and then bam! A fire lights under my ass and I get everything done in record time!"

"Uh-huh..."

Most people don't really procrastinate on things regarding their wedding. But here I am, two weeks away from standing in front of our friends and family reading vows and....I STILL haven't written them. Yes, I am sans vows at the moment. I just haven't found the best words to express yet. Words that are both sentimental without being sticky with sappiness. Once I do, I'll let you know, and hopefully soon, because...you know..the clock's kind of ticking...like really loud.

Along with the little devils in the details of the wedding, I find myself scrambling to pull together a badass routine for my first burlesque performance at The Surly Wench's 5th Anniversary/Birthday. I desperately want it to go perfectly, which is probably too much to expect for a first timer. But I'm a perfectionist when it comes to any art that I do, so we'll see.

All this- the wedding, the show, costume making, house hunting, choreogaphy working, etc, is happening NOW. And it isn't going to wait, I know, I have the calendar full of filled in boxes to prove it. So maybe now is as good as a time as any to scratch "procrastinating" off of my vices.

I'm still going to continue the thrift store perusing though. They can't take that away from me. No, no they can't take that away from me.

No comments: