Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rhinestone brassieres and things that go bitch in the night...

As you've read from the last post I've been getting into burlesque quite a bit. Since our last couple classes Colleen (the aforementioned friend who is my partner-in-crime on shimmying and corset tying) and I are now Black Cherry Burlesque's new recruits. My first show is in June and I await it with baited breath. I've always loved burlesque and am absolutely ecstatic to be living the dream. It doesn't come without questions and self-righteous smirks from people who try and bait me into debates about the difference between burlesque and stripping and moral values of either activity. But that's another blog entirely.

I've been working on strategically gluing well over a hundred red rhinestones on a bra for the debut. My back is killing me. I sit on the floor so I can see any rhinestones that may fall and because I use E6000 glue which has the magical ability to attach itself on anything within a five foot radius. So there I am for hours, tail bone a'crampin' and posture like that of a jumbo shrimp. I'll probably need glasses and a hardcore shiatsu treatment after all this. But it's for the art! The show must go on come hell or astigmatism.

Despite my euphoria in my personal life, things of a more social nature have been a sore on my ass lately. I've tried to remain calm, carry on, be above it, handle with care, but I feel I'm being stepped on and I've really had enough. So I'll just say this-

In what world do get off on being two-faced and not owning up to it? If you're going to post shit about your roomates on your little Twitter account and newfound blog, maybe you should, oh I don't know, make them private! Unless of course you're just asking for a confrontation. The same person then goes on masquerading themselves as a caring individual, a friend even, and countinues to talk shit behind your back. The same person who goes on and on about being respected and taking the high road, being "mature" and having higher morals goes on to prove themselves to be a hypocrite, and if there is one thing I don't tolerate in my life it's hypocrisy, let alone from someone who plays innocent and cries "FOUL!" when the truth is exposed. Greg had had a blowout with said person, and I had enough compassion (or maybe nievette) to stick up for them, despite the fact that more than plenty of the things Greg lashed out at her for were valid and long overdue. Turns out he wasn't just mad, he was right. Here I am, discovering this persons true colors, and frankly, I don't want to be under the same roof. It literally makes me ill.



I'm done being "nice." Like many people before this person, they've abused it. I'll stick to people that practise what they preach and are who they appear to be.



AND that's the end of that little tirade. Be sure to tune in next week.



Here's a picture of something cute to take the bad taste out of your mouth due to the last paragraph-


No comments: