Monday, March 23, 2009

Writing Vows

Never in my wildest dreams did I think my life would be what it is right now. If you would have told me in high school, "hey you're going to have an unplanned pregnancy with the man of your dreams when you're 20," I probably would have just snickered and continued writing bad poetry in the back of my english class. Never would I have thought that the dude that randomly messaged me on Myspace late one lonely summer night would be planning a wedding with me and simultaneously changing our 11 month old sons diaper. The past 3 years have been...surreal but REAL.
I have been struggling with what I should write down to profess my love for this person in front of our closest and dearest friends and family. Everything I have thought of pales in comparison to what I feel, doesn't hold a candle to what we hold between us late at night and just before work in the morning. Everything I have ever written, all of this amateur writing career I have been pursuing, nothing will be more important than what I write for May 2nd. Words to seal our relationship with. Words to lead us into another chapter as a man and his wife. I'm beating my brain and squeezing for pulp. How many ways can you say "I love you, and I want to be with you forever"? How can I say that without being cliche and pushing people's gag reflex?

Oi vey. Writers block. Dilema. I've fallen and I can't get up!

No comments: