Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Restless

I've been having a hard time falling asleep lately. Some people think it is the result of the caffeine I run through my body like it's the only form of liquid known to man. I know it's because my body is revolting against the times. These times. These times where I find myself in a dance that I follow mindlessly. Wake up, walk to work, coffee, work, eat, go home, open laptop, struggle, drink or don't drink due to the struggle, sleep.
It's been awhile since I've exercised more than the walks to work and the constant movement that my job generally brings. It is toil but it is not the type of exercise one does out of respect for their body. It is a wiriness built out of survivalism instead of a temple built out of discipline and love.
It's been awhile since I've eaten healthily. I have taken to preferring easiness and availability over nourishment. I am surprised it hasn't caught up with me yet, at least that I know of.
It's been awhile since I've danced. Since I've felt the cramping in my hands, placing threads through needles eyes and craft store diamonds on corsets. Moving my hips in unison with drum beats, letting lyrics allude to what's next.
It's been awhile since I've been on here.
I know the aforementioned is why I can't sleep. The stagnancy of what truly makes me thrive while the things I just "get through" dominate.
At least I've managed this. Perhaps this will buy me a few hours.

1 comment:

Alt-Mama said...

I relate to this. Imbalance breeding imbalance. Restlessness when life's a grind and rest would do you good. There's good news here, though; you clearly know what the problem is. Balance breeds balance, too. My unsolicited suggestion is: pick one thing. Eat healthily, exercise, cut back on the coffee... whatever. Tip the scales in your favor and get some inspiration going, then let it flow. Thanks for sharing candidly. :-)