Monday, January 11, 2010

More songs that turn on my heartlight...

When I worked at the Marriott (which I semi-recently discovered made a cameo in "Away We Go")-


Here we have what I would start a majority of my weekdays with. 7 a.m. bright and early, this is where I developed a longstanding addiction to Starbucks caramel macchiatos and a renewed appreciation for Tucson sunscapes.


And here we have my office. I worked in the spa where I developed in odd talent at folding towels, assisting guests, and arranging things "just so."

I digress...Anyway, during my many trips to the Starbucks in the lobby, I passed upon many a c.d. of "Starbucks Favorites". One day I buckled(I promise this is the last "buck" in the post) and bought their Valentine edition because, well, it had a good track listing. Nothing vomit inducing which on a whole is good. What really shone from the pack though was "Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen. I heard it and immediately I was lifted away to a place of solitude and beauty. If only for my lunch break...


(I apologize for the McWhack ad).

No comments: