Monday, August 17, 2009

Picks Of the Day- Episode 7



I adore Freddie Mercury, and often find myself listening to Queen in the car to cure road rage. It's been pretty effective so far.

We had a pretty laid-back weekend at the Martin casa. I went to help out Kate at the burlesque show Friday night (I'm putting off my act, again, so I can re-work it with another song) and I (by my own free will and fucked up logic) wore heels for about 6-7 hours straight, walking around, ushering people, cocktail waitressing, going up and down stairs, basically a giant night of masochism for my feet/legs. Consequently my feet were DONE for the weekend. I laid up on the couch and watched movies with my son and husband (I feel like just aged 10 years by writing that last sentence), ate, slept in, enjoyed a foot massage from the aforementioned husband, and waited for Mad Men to premiere. I eventually coaxed myself down the flight of stairs it takes to exit our apartment and checked out Buffalo Exchange where I finally found some boots! Huzzah! And a shirt to celebrate. We went home and pretty much reprized the previous 24 hours. All this lazing about and I'm STILL tired. I don't know what it is. Maybe I just need to jump into action and work out or something. An object in motion tends to stay in motion. We'll see how that works out. As it stands, we still have a fridge with some left over Papa Murphy's and once those mid-afternoon cravings start rockin' don't come a'knockin'!

Oh! I forgot to mention the absolute best part of this weekend. I've often written about how amazing my in-laws are, well, my father-in-law, inspired by his recent motorcycling tour through Switzerland with my brother-in-law , decided that he wants a bonding experience like that with everyone. Can you feel the climax building? I can....And he wants to take my mother-in-law, Greg, Jack and I on a cruise up to Vancouver (a place we've been itching to go to) and Seattle (a place I love and have been dying to get back to again). So next spring we're supposed to do that. I'm already way too excited. For the first time in awhile I actually took sweaters semi-seriously when I was at Buffalo yesterday. I'll finally be able to utilize scarves people! This is huge for me.

No comments: