Friday, May 8, 2009

Burning down the house...

  Since Greg and I have been married, or rather since Greg and I simply stopped "living in sin" with official rings and paperwork and whatnot, we've been on the hunt to buy a house. We've been pre-approved for a loan up to $160,000, and yet....the pickin's 'round these parts be slim. Very, very slim. Or perhaps my asthetic tastes are too high. I don't think it's TOO much to ask that our house posses wood floors and vintage charm that can only really be found in the downtown area. Right? Or that our neighbors not seemingly have spousal abuse charges or eight cars leaking oil onto our driveway. But it seems Tucson is chalk full of the latter and not so much of the former. And IF the former is found it's generally A.) already owned or B.) WAY out of the budget.  Damnit.
  I found a decent prospect yesterday. It was in a good location and upon going to check it out I discovered if we moved in, we'd be right across the street from Kate (headmistress of Black Cherry Burlesque). Umm HOLLA! Could we get any better neighbors?! I think not. I had visions
 of our furniture in the place and barbeques out back and eventually I would be able to take our Bull Terrier "Sid" (yes, I've already decided on
 our future puppy's name- Sadie is reserved for our she-version) on playdates with Kate's boxer's Iggy and Bambi (they are so damn cute it's ridiculous). 
Turns out that the house is on active contigency. Meaning someone, probably with more dough, has already made an offer and is awaiting inspection before final purchase. So I'm in a pretty dull
 mood this morning, and currently trying to remedy it with coffee, Queen and mind-numbing internet surfing. 
This house hunting business is really frusterating and full of high hopes and let downs. It's really making me think that renting for the time being isn't to shabby at this point. 

On another note-

I decided it was about that time to wash Jack's beloved blankie yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't realize how much he loved it until this happened-



The outrages! He's never going to let me live it down.

And yeah, I need to clean our washer. Grody.

No comments: